Histopathology is a science that deals with diagnosing diseases based on the microscopic analysis of a tissue sample.
The laboratory for histopathological and cytological diagnostics in “Human” Polyclinic is the best equipped private histopathological laboratory in Niš.
Analysis of the basic histological test sample (H&E stain) of endoscopic and incisional or core biopsies is completed in 2-3 days, whereas in case additional testing is required (histochemistry or immunohistochemistry) the processing and analysis is completed within 7 days. A cytological analysis is done the same day upon receiving the material.
Services of the histopathological laboratory of “Human” Polyclinic
- Laboratory for histopathology – technical preparation, processing, cutting, coloring and microscoping diagnostics of endoscopic and surgical biopsy of all organs.
- Laboratory for cytology – microscopic analysis: sputum, excrete, secrete, exudate, punctate, vaginal swabs and FNAC (fine needle aspiration cytology) of various pathological processes.
- Laboratory for histochemistry – provides a precise diagnosis of tumors and other processes that are present in different organs of people and other mammals.
- Laboratory for immunohistochemistry – verifies specific tumor markers, antigenes and tumor receptors, which is very important in diferential tumor diagnosis, in monitoring a clinical course of a patient after treatment, as well as in applying a hormonal treatment.
- Laboratory for ex-tempore diagnostics – it is the only one in the private practice in Niš and it provides a quick diagnosis of a fresh tissue, that is, a tissue without fixation; it is used during surgery to direct the surgeon to the scope of the surgical procedure.
- Consultation (verification) of an established diagnosis – at a patient’s physician’s request who sent a sample for a histopathological testing.