Human Polyclinic – Internal medicine
Endocrinology is a branch of medicine that deals with abnormalities of the endocrine system and its specific secretions – hormones. Hormones are very important for the functioning of the body since they regulate almost all bodily functions, from reproduction, to growth and development and to responses to stress.
“Human” Polyclinic has the best internists-endocrinologists, experts for endocrine system disorders and diseases are a result of these disorders – diabetes, hyperthyroidism and hypothyroidism, infertility, metabolic disorders, hearth diseases, osteoporosis, obesity, etc.
Endocrinology services in “Human” Polyclinic
- Examination by an internist/endocrinologist
- Ultrasound examination of the thyroid
- Color Doppler examination of the thyroid
- Elastography of the thyroid
- Laboratory testing of blood and urine in accordance with an endocrinologist referral and with the aim of determining a gland disorder
- Endocrinology tests – Oral glucose tolerance test is done to detect latent diabetes, as well as, diabetes in pregnancy
- Treating obesity as a result of thyroid disorders
Cardiology is a branch of medicine dealing with disorders of the heart and blood vessels. The most common heart diseases are weakening of the cardiac muscle such as cardiomyopathy or congestive heart failure, then irregular heart rate (arrhythmia), lack of oxygen in the cardiac muscle due to coronary artery diseases and illnesses such as atherosclerosis, ischemic heart disease, angina pectoris and heart attack.
The primary and most common disease of the cardiovascular system is hypertension, that is, high blood pressure in the arteries, which is at the same time a major factor of development of various other diseases of the cardiovascular system.
Cardiology services in “Human” Polyclinic
- Examination by a cardiologist
- Ultrasound color Doppler heart examination
- Laboratory testing of blood and urine including serological testing on cardiotropic viruses
- Holter monitoring EKG 24h, 48h, 72h, 96h, 120h, 144h I 168h
- Holter monitoring of blood pressure 24h I 48h
- Cardiac stress test
- Echocardiography stress test
- Oxygen therapy
Pulmonology is a branch of internal medicine that deals with diagnosing, treating and preventing lung and respiratory tract diseases, such as rhinitis, sinusitis, pharyngitis, bronchitis and pneumonia, asthma, chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD).
Pulmonology specialist examination includes a thorough conversation of a patient and a pulmonologist – taking anamnesis, after which the pulmonologist performs a detailed clinical examination of the patient (inspection of the entire chest, palpation of the chest and the regional lymph nodes). Then, a percussion of the chest is done and finally an auscultation with a stethoscope of the – lungs, heart, carotid arteries in the neck. The physician confirms a diagnosis, prescribes a treatment and educates the patient.
Pulmonology services in “Human” Polyclinic
- Examination and treatment by a specialist for infectious lung diseases: acute bronchitis and laryngotracheitis, pneumonia and pleuritic, tuberculosis, bronchiectasis and fungal lung diseases
- Bronchial asthma and allergic rhinitis
- Chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD)
- Lung emphysema
- Chronic respiratory failure
- Pulmonary embolism and infarction
- Tumor of bronchi, lungs and pleurae
Nephrology is a branch of medicine that studies the function and diseases of kidneys. Nephrology encompasses the treatment of a large number of health problems related to kidneys, urinary system and prostate.
A nephrology examination includes not only a thorough conversation and a clinical examination, but also laboratory testing of blood and urine, ultrasound kidney examination, as well as, microbiological testing (urinalysis, swabs, ejaculate analysis).
The most common diseases that urge a patient to see a nephrologist are kidney and urinary system diseases which are usually of inflammatory nature and caused by bacteria, viruses or fungi.
Nephrology services in “Human” Polyclinic
- Examination and treatment by a nephrology specialist
- Ultrasound diagnostics of kidneys and adrenal glands
- Blood and urine analysis that point to kidney function disorder
Hematology is a science and a branch of internal medicine that studies the components and functions of the blood and blood-producing organs, diagnoses and treats diseases related to blood.
The most common symptoms that can indicate a type of blood disorders are malaise, fatigue, ear ringing, dizziness, fast heartbeat, arm and leg muscle spasm during the night, loss of appetite, nausea, headache, etc.
A hematologist deals with the diagnosis and treatment, prognosis and prevention of the congenital and acquired blood disorders, blood coagulation disorders and malignant blood diseases (including all types of hemophilia, leukemia, lymphoma and sickle cell anemia).
Hematology services in “Human” Polyclinic
- Examination and treatment by a hematologist
- Standard and specific laboratory blood testing
Gastroenterology is a branch of internal medicine that deals with the diagnosis and treatment of digestive tract diseases (stomach, small and large intestine, liver and pancreas). A gastroenterology examination is an examination by a gastroenterologist – a specialist for functional and organic disorders of the digestive system, who, based on the anamnesis, clinical examination and diagnostic procedures, establishes a precise diagnosis and prescribes treatment.
The main symptoms of digestive tract disorders are difficulties of swallowing, abdomen pain, nausea, vomiting, diarrhea, constipation, loss of appetite, weight loss, black stool, blood in stool, etc.
Gastroenterology services in “Human” Polyclinic
- P– Examination and treatment by an internist/gastroenterologist
- Ultrasound examination of the abdomen (liver, spleen, pancreas, gallbladder and kidneys)
- Lactose intolerance test
- Flexible rectosigmoidoscopy